PWS Scientific Day @ the FPWR Annual Conference
Welcome reception – September 24, 2015 (5-7 pm)
Scientific conference – September 25, 2015 (8:30 am – 5 pm)
Radisson Hotel and Suites, Austin Downtown
Please mark your calendar and join your colleagues for an exciting day of the latest in Prader-Willi syndrome research. “Neurobiology of PWS” will be highlighted, with additional presentations (posters and platform) in the areas of genetics, PWS models, metabolism and clinical trials. Plan to attend and share your latest findings.
Abstract Submission Deadline: August 3, 2015
FPWR Scientific Day Abstract Submission Form
Please submit abstracts to Jessica Bohonowych: email@example.com
Come for Scientific Day and stay for the Annual Conference!
Saturday, September 26th
Presentations 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM,
Celebration Dinner 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Sunday, September 27th,
Presentations and small group sessions 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Registration $250 (includes both scientific day and the 2 day annual conference)
Travel and Accommodations
The 2015 conference will be held at the Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin – Downtown.
A room block has been set up for conference participants at the discounted rate of $179/night. The hotel is expected to sell out this weekend so be sure to make your reservations early!
To make your reservation, please call 1-800-395-7046 and ask for and the Foundation for Prader-Willi Research group or click here to make your reservation.
Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin- Downtown
A room block has also be established at the Hyatt Place for $209/night ($229 on Thursday, Sept 24). The Hyatt Place is conveniently located just a short walk away from the Radisson. To make your Hyatt Place reservation, click here or call 1-800-323-7249. Rooms reservations must be made by Thursday September 2, 2015 in order to receive this rate!
Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
Airport Travel Information
- Austin Bergstrom International Airport (ABIA) is located off of HWY 71 in Austin, TX. By car, ABIA is approximately 7 miles from Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin- Downtown. ABIA services most major cities, both nationally and internationally. For a list of airlines that are serviced by ABIA, click here: http://www.austintexas.gov/department/airlines-flights
- Ways to travel from ABIA to Radisson Austin
- Super Shuttle: The Super Shuttle is probably the most convenient and inexpensive way to travel from the airport to the Radisson. You will need to click the link below to book your trip. The cost of using the Super Shuttle is $15.00 plus a $3 fuel charge, and is about a 20 minute ride. For more information on the Super Shuttle, and to book your trip, click here: http://www.supershuttle.com/Locations/AUSAirportShuttleAustin.aspx
- Taxi: Upon exiting ABIA, there will be plenty of cabs that you can hail to bring you to the Radisson. Cab fare will likely be upwards of $25. Minimum fare for taxi customers is $13.10, this includes a $1.00 airport surcharge. All taxis have a 4 passenger maximum, excluding children 12-years and under. All taxis accept major credit cards.
- For more information on taxi service, click here: http://www.austintexas.gov/department/ground-transportation-0#taxi
- Car Rental: If you opt to rent a car to take you from the airport to GCH, there are plenty of rental companies within the airport. You can find a list of these companies, and their contact information here: http://www.austintexas.gov/department/ground-transportation-0#rental
- Yellow Cab: 512-452-9999
- Austin Cab: 512-478-2222
- Lone Star Cab: 512-836-4900