One SMALL Step Virtual 5k
Join us, have a great time AND raise funds for Prader-Willi Research! Whether you are an avid runner or a first time 5k finisher, our 1st Annual Virtual 5k is going to be a blast!
What is a virtual 5k?
It is a race that can take place anywhere! Jog, walk, crawl, run alone, run in a group, run with your pet, bike, hike, finish a race, it doesn’t matter. You can run your race at your own pace wherever you like.
- Register for the 5k Virtual event and create your personalized fundraising page. (Already have a One SMALL step fundraising page? — GREAT! Skip to step #2)
- Ask your friends and family to sponsor you for your run.
- RSVP ‘yes’ for our Virtual 5k event under FPWR’s Facebook events and check back often! Be sure to share your training progress and encourage your teammates through their training!
- Run your 5k anytime and anywhere September 24 -27, 2015
- Share a photo of your participation on social media using hashtag #OSS5k
What would a 5k be without PRIZES?? Medals will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the following categories:
- Fastest Male Finisher as determined by Strava* (sorry guys, no age categories here!)
- Fastest Female Finisher as determined by Strava* (sorry ladies, no age categories for you either!)
- The Top Dog: That’s right! Who is bringing in the moo-la for PWS research?
- Mr. or Mrs. Popularity: Who will secure the largest number of donations and be definitively determined to be the most popular?
- Most creative: impress us with your creative skills and you shall be rewarded. Share a photo of yourself completing your virtual 5k on social media and be sure to hashtag #OSS5k
Special Awards, you guys are SO special there can only be ONE! Special awards will be given to the following:
- The Motivator – most motivational participant as determined by posts/comments on FPWR’s Virtual 5k Event on Facebook.
- The Diehard – most miles covered as indicated on Strava* from September 21 until September 27
- The Inspirationalist – inspire us with your personal story! Customize your story on your personal fundraising page to bring out our emotions!
* In order to participate in the fastest finishers or diehard competitions you must join our club on Strava (social media for athletes).
All medalists and special award recipients will be entered to win the GRAND prize:
A 1 year premium subscription to Strava and a Garmin Foreunner 10.
Need a little motivation? Join our club on Strava! Track your runs and compare your training to our other 5k participants.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who can participate? Everybody and anybody! There is no age limit and there are no restrictions. So run, jog, walk, crawl, run alone, run in a group, run with your pet, bike, hike, it doesn’t matter. Just get out there and get moving!
Who is eligible to win prizes? Only U.S. residents are eligible to win prizes. In order to win, you must have a One SMALL Step fundraising page and hashtag your race photo #OSS5k by midnight on September 27, 2015.
Note: Some prizes require you to use Strava to measure your time/distance. Be sure to join our club on Strava if you are interested in being eligible for these prizes!
How/when are the top fundraisers (i.e Top Dogs) determined? Fundraising totals will be determined by a review of your One SMALL Step fundraising page. Only donations that have been received by September 27th will count towards your total.
How are fastest finishers determined? In order to be considered as one of our fastest finishers, you will need to join our strava club and post your race day run. Fastest finishers will be determined on runs taking place between September 24 and 27 and uploaded to strava by midnight on September 27th.
How is the Die Hard determined? In order to earn the title of One SMALL Step Virtual 5k Die Hard, you will need to join our club on strava and upload your runs between September 21 and September 27 by midnight on September 27th
When will winners be announced? Are you still reading this? You must really be keen on winning! Winners will be announced September 30th. Good luck!!