Mental health and behavioral problems are a significant challenge for many people with Prader-Willi syndrome. These issues can have a significant impact on quality of life and independence for both the person with PWS and their family.
In this 27-page guidebook, you'll get useful information on:
- General mental health issues in PWS and early signs of challenges
- Serious mental health diagnoses
- Treatments, including medications and non-medication approaches
- A glossary of useful terms
- Resources for caregivers and professionals
- Helpful quotes from caregivers dealing with mental health issues in PWS
- And more
Written by Lauren Schwartz Roth, Ph.D., Mental Health & Behavior Research Programs at FPWR, this guidebook is based on extensive one-on-one interviews with caregivers whose loved one with PWS has experienced mental health and severe behavioral challenges. Additionally, experts in the fields of mental health and PWS were interviewed. The result is a valuable, one-of-a-kind resource that will be helpful to anyone seeking to understand and address mental health issues in PWS.