Important Notice! Rooms in Austin are selling out. If you need a hotel room, FPWR has a few rooms at the Hyatt Place ($209/night) that can be transferred to our guests. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a room!
What Can You Expect?
The Annual FPWR Conference is a powerful experience combining education, networking and community-building. Participants learn the latest in PWS research from experts in the field and have the opportunity to engage one-on-one with clinical trial representatives that have a deep interest in bringing treatments to market for our children.
Learn the latest in PWS research with presentations from leading PWS researchers:
Jennifer Miller, M.D., University Florida
Elizabeth Roof, M.A., Vanderbilt University
Jeffrey Zigman, M.D., Ph.D., UT Southwestern
Rachel Wevrick, Ph.D., University of Alberta
Ann Scheimann, M.D., Johns Hopkins
Select from a variety of breakout sessions:
Sensory challenges for people with Prader-Willi Syndrome – Sarah Wattinger
Speech and feeding therapy 101 – Michelle Curtis
When to consider medication for behavior interventions – Elizabeth Roof
Q&A with Dr. Jennifer Miller
Special Education Advocacy – Evan Farrar, Tanya Johnson
Get up to date on the landscape of PWS research and the impact of the Global Prader-Willi Syndrome Registry with presentations by:
And get inspired by your fellow PWS families who are making a difference in the lives of all of our loved ones with PWS.
Friday, September 25th
Family Meet N’ Greet 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM,
Saturday, September 26th
Presentations 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM,
Celebration Dinner 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Sunday, September 27th,
Presentations and small group sessions 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM
What do Participants Have to Say About the FPWR Conference?
“I am blown away by [the FPWR Research Conference]. It has been an honor and a privilege to come and present. FPWR is an amazing foundation. The families I met are just the most wonderful people. The spirit amongst you, the motivation, and the energy is totally infectious. I just feel like I want to do research on PWS for the rest of my life, because of this great foundation, and all these amazing families. ” — Dr. Christian Schaaf
FPWR offers a child care program for conference attendees. The program includes care for both Saturday and Sunday for $150/per child and includes snacks and lunch both days as well as dinner on Saturday evening. All ages and abilities are welcome.
Travel and Accommodations
The 2015 conference will be held at the Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin – Downtown.
Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin- Downtown
Airport Travel Information
- Austin Bergstrom International Airport (ABIA) is located off of HWY 71 in Austin, TX. By car, ABIA is approximately 7 miles from Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin- Downtown. ABIA services most major cities, both nationally and internationally. For a list of airlines that are serviced by ABIA, click here: http://www.austintexas.gov/department/airlines-flights
- Ways to travel from ABIA to Radisson Austin
- Super Shuttle: The Super Shuttle is probably the most convenient and inexpensive way to travel from the airport to the Radisson. You will need to click the link below to book your trip. The cost of using the Super Shuttle is $15.00 plus a $3 fuel charge, and is about a 20 minute ride. For more information on the Super Shuttle, and to book your trip, click here: http://www.supershuttle.com/Locations/AUSAirportShuttleAustin.aspx
- Taxi: Upon exiting ABIA, there will be plenty of cabs that you can hail to bring you to the Radisson. Cab fare will likely be upwards of $25. Minimum fare for taxi customers is $13.10, this includes a $1.00 airport surcharge. All taxis have a 4 passenger maximum, excluding children 12-years and under. All taxis accept major credit cards.
- For more information on taxi service, click here: http://www.austintexas.gov/department/ground-transportation-0#taxi
- Car Rental: If you opt to rent a car to take you from the airport to GCH, there are plenty of rental companies within the airport. You can find a list of these companies, and their contact information here: http://www.austintexas.gov/department/ground-transportation-0#rental
- Yellow Cab: 512-452-9999
- Austin Cab: 512-478-2222
- Lone Star Cab: 512-836-4900
We would like to thank our sponsors!