Looking for a quick FUNdraiser this spring? Grab a few friends and de-clutter for donations! Here's how to host a spring cleaning fundraiser for PWS research in 4 easy steps:
1. Ask supporters to donate items to your “garage sale” that they’d ordinarily give away or sell. Set up a virtual fundraising page with all the details of your sale and ways people can get involved. Here are some tips for getting your community, friends, and family involved:
- Offer to pick up donated goods, or set a designated time for drop-off at your home
- Ask friends to volunteer to help you set up the night before your sale and / or help on the day of the sale
2. Promote your sale on social media and through your other networks. Facebook is a great place to promote your donation garage sale, but don't forget email and other social networks such as Twitter. Use everything you have to get the word out.
3. Set up shop in your yard, garage or a public space that gets a lot of traffic (with permission).